If You Suffered a Flood Loss, Don’t Wait; Register with FEMA Now-Paul Corah Discusses on KIOS-FM

May 2, 2019

Paul Corah, Public Information Officer for FEMA, stopped by the studios at KIOS to chat with Mike Hogan about the status of current FEMA efforts, what to do if you have a claim, and how impressed he is with the strength of the residents in this fine state.


If you experienced losses as a result of the March flooding, don’t wait for a Disaster Recovery Center to open. Register with FEMA immediately and file any insurance claims. Disaster Recovery Centers are opening in the areas affected by the disaster, but this will take time. You can register with FEMA in several ways:

·       Online, visit On a smart phone, use the FEMA app. By phone, call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.daily.Or visit a Disaster Recovery Center and speak to a FEMA specialist one-on-one. To find the nearest DRC, go online to


Applicants for disaster assistance will need:

·       Social Security number

·       Address of the damaged primary residence

·       Description of the damage

·       Information about insurance coverage

·       A current contact telephone number

·       An address where they can receive mail

·       Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds