Omaha Public Library (OPL) buys new books on a daily basis. How do they choose which ones to purchase? Do you have a say in which books are bought, after all it's your library, too?!?
OPL's Collection Development Librarian, Melanie Schultz, joins Mike Hogan "Live & Local" to explain the process and to talk about some new books that may be of interest to you and are available to the public for checkout.
The complete list of the discussed "new favorites" is below.
More information can be found at omahalibrary.org
- "Nobody Will Tell You This But Me" by Bess Kalb
- "Greenwood" by Michael Christie
- "Yellow Bird: Oil, Murder, and a Woman's Search for Justice in Indian Country" by Sierra Crane Murdoch
- " We Ride Upon Sticks" by Quan Barry
- "The City We Became" by N. K. Jemisin
- "Weather" by Jenny Offill