KIOSBlue 2880x210.png
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

12 Families Displaced Due To Fire

5c243e28bdab7.image_.jpg
Omaha World Herald
/

Residents of 12 units of an apartment complex in Omaha are out of their homes after a fire. The blaze broke out Saturday afternoon at the Fontenelle Hills Apartment complex. WOWT-TV reports that authorities believe improper disposal of smoking materials is to blame. The fire began in one of the units then spread into the attic and into other units, causing the roof to collapse. The building was constructed in the 1970s, before sprinklers were required. A few people were treating for smoke inhalation but no serious injuries were reported. The building was a total loss.